Political Parties 10th Class Solved Questions:
Read And Download all solved textual questions of Political parties for 10th Class political science in pdf. Get prepare in advance for upcoming board exams like JKBOSE, CBSE etc.
Answer the Following questions:
Q1: State the various functions of political parties perform in a democracy.
Answer: Functions of political parties are as follows:
- Political parties contest election and select their candidates in different ways.
- They form and run governments.
- A party which loses the election plays the role of the opposition and acts like a watch dog.
- Parties provide people access to government machinery and welfare schemes implemented by the government.
- Parties shape public opinion, formulate laws and make policies.
Q2: What are the various challenges faced by political parties?
Answer: The various challenges faced by political parties are as follows:
- The first challenge faced by a political party is Lack of internal democracy within parties. All over the world there is a tendency in political parties towards the concentration of power in one or few leaders at the top.
- The second challenge faced by a political party is Dynastic succession. Political parties do not practice open and transparent procedures for their functioning.
- The next challenge faced by the parties is Money and muscle power in parties, especially during elections
- The another challenge face by the parties is Being a meaningful choice to the voters.
Q3: Suggest some reforms to strengthen parties so that they perform their functions well?
Answer: Some suggestions for future reforms of political parties are as follows:
- A law should be made to regulate the internal affairs of political parties.
- It should be made mandatory for political parties to give a minimum number of tickets, about one-third, to women candidates.
- There should be state funding of elections. The government should give parties money to support their election expenses.
- This support could be given in kind: petrol, paper, telephone etc. Or it could be given in cash on the basis of the votes secured by the party in the last election.
Q4: What is a political party?
Answer: A political party is a group of people who come together to contest elections and hold power in the government.
Q5: What are the characteristics of a political party?
Answer: Parties reflect fundamental political divisions in a society Parties are about a part of the society and thus involve PARTISANSHIP. Thus a party is known by which part it stands for, which policies it supports and whose interests it upholds. A political party has three components, viz. leaders, active members and a group of supporters.
Some important Mcqs
1. Who among the following is the founder of the Bahujan Samaj Party?
B. Sahu Maharaj
C. B. R Ambedkar
D. Jotiba Phule
Correct Answer : A
2. What is the guiding philosophy of the Bharatiya Janta Party?
A. Bahujan Samaj
B. Revolutionary Democracy
C. Integral humanism
Correct Answer: D